Skip to content
- Over 80% of lung damaging particulate matter in cities come from cars, trucks, buses, and other vehicles on the road.
- In India, air pollution is believed to cause 527.700 fatalities a year.
- In Southern California alone, 5.000 annual premature deaths are attributed to pollution from short-haul diesel trucks.
- In London, the great smog of 1952 killed at least 8.000 people.
- Air pollution from China has been tracked to the central valley of California.
- In Manila some million cars now cause 80% of air pollution there.
- The EU could save up to 161 euro billion a year by reducing deaths caused by air pollution.
- In China, tailpipe emissions account for 70% of the air pollution in the majority of the cities.