The sites listed feature job vacancies in the environmental field at many levels and in many different contexts. Many define ‘environmental’ very broadly, or are linked to agencies which offer a wider range of jobs. Most of the following websites contain listings of jobs through which one can scroll, or a database of vacancies which one can search.
These are based in the UK but some advertise overseas jobs as well. Some are also recruitment agencies; many have links to useful information, careers advice and more recruitment agencies.
- Acre Resources are a recruitment company focused on the Sustainability and Climate Change sectors.
- Allen & York is a specialist recruitment company serving the environment, planning & built environment, renewable energy, health & safety sectors.
- Charity Jobs for charity sector employment, searchable by type of job. Weekly email digest available.
- Countryside Jobs Service publishes free and low cost information to promote countryside careers in the UK and environmental conservation worldwide. The site contains daily listings as well as links to their subscription publications.
- Countryside Jobs Link is a portal to countryside jobs sites in the UK and internationally.
- Earthworks lists jobs worldwide, including academic posts. Concentrates on geosciences, including energy, oil, mining, geoscience, environmental, agriculture, forestry, ecology, meteorology, oceanography, hydrology, soil, GIS and related subjects.
- Eden Recruitment specialises in the recruitment of experienced environmental professionals to fill key positions within the private sector. The agency’s principal staff are former environmental consultants and apply their knowledge to the benefit of employer and candidate alike.edie provides an online environmental job centre for recruitment and career development for professionals in the water, waste and environment sectors.
- edie provides an online environmental job centre for recruitment and career development for professionals in the water, waste and environment sectors.
- ENDS environmental jobs search provides a listing of UK and international jobs in ecology, environmental management and policy, planning, pollution control and related fields, updated weekly.
- Environment Jobs is the jobs section of Green Directory and includes a comprehensive selection of job vacancies in the UK, Europe, South America and USA.
- EnvironmentJob.co.uk has a searchable database of environment-related employment and voluntary opportunities.
- EnvironmentJobs.co.uk has sections dealing with UK and global vacancies, volunteers, expeditions and courses. They are part of the Green Directory.
- Evergreen Resources helps people to recruit and find new positions in the environmental sector, including ecology, energy, geology, impact assessment, landscape, and waste management. Website includes a searchable database.
- Ethical Jobs advertise vacancies in the ethical sector including charity sector jobs, environmental jobs, care and social work, health service vacancies, working with NGOs, fundraising, working in the not-for-profit sector, ecology jobs, ethical employment, sustainable tourism, ethical travel, recycling, and work in ethical manufacturing.
- Index Environmental are dedicated to the recruitment of both permanent and contractual environmental staff throughout the UK, Europe and worldwide in disciplines including waste management & sales, geotechnical/civil engineering, hydrogeology, waste water treatment and environmental impact assessment/ecology.
- Jobs Barn reinvests revenue made from employment advertising into Community Environmental Action Projects, benefiting local communities and environment.
- oneworld.net jobs for jobs worldwide in human rights, environment, and sustainable development. Database can be searched by job sector and/or country, with more advanced search facilities available. There is also a guide tovolunteering.
- People & Planet has an ethical careers service aimed at students, graduates, careers services and other organisations.
TPP-Not for Profit recruits for both temporary and permanent positions in the charity/not-for-profit sector.