Applications For The 2016 New Energy Pioneers Are Now Open. The deadline for applications is 30 November 2015.
Each year 10 game-changing companies globally in the field of clean energy technology and innovation are being identified. Winners are unveiled at the Future of Energy Summit, offering invaluable press attention and networking opportunities.
Winners are chosen by a panel of industry experts from, academia, corporations, utilities, finance and technology incubators. BNEF technology experts advise the panel through the assessment stages.
New Energy Pioneers are typically in the start-up phase but have innovative, proven technologies, robust business models, the ability to demonstrate traction and momentum in their activities and the potential for global scale. New Energy Pioneers:
- Will have been operating for 10 or less years
- Do not have to be technology companies but their service or product must be new, different and disruptive
- Will generally have annual sales of under $50m
- Will typically be privately held, often with venture capital investors
- May be quoted, though more likely on a venture or junior exchange
- Will generally not be part of larger conglomerates
- Winners are expected to attend the annual Bloomberg New Energy Finance Summit
Applicants Are Judged On Three Fundamental Criteria:
What is the scale of the opportunity being addressed? Is it a nice niche but of limited scale? Will it transform a major industry, or could it change the world impacting everyone? Is your business local or can it be rolled out in multiple geographical markets? Will it spawn an entire ecosystem of new supporting businesses?
How original is your technology or business model? Is it a ground-breaking modification of what others are doing, or is it something completely new? Is your technology patented or otherwise protected from being copied? Do you have a plan to stay ahead of the game?
Can you demonstrate strong traction? Are you still funded by R&D grants or are you making real commercial sales? Do you have strong industry partnerships in place? Have you established distribution channels to take your product or service to market? Are making meaningful and consistently growing sales? Is your executive team experienced in successfully launching new ventures?
You can read more by clicking here.